How do some athletes elevate their games when it matters most? And why do so many others find their game falls apart under pressure? This book, based on the thinking and experience of elite athletes and coaches who are part of the Positive Coaching Alliance movement, is filled with insights that can help athletes elevate their game to become Triple-Impact Competitors who make themselves, teammates, and the game better.
In 89 concise pages, Jim Thompson, the founder of Positive Coaching Alliance, shows you how to:
- Improve performance by focusing on effort and learning rather than results.
- Use a “Mistake Ritual” to recover quickly to get ready for the next play.
- Hone a mental game that enables you to rise to the occasion under pressure.
- Become a leader who makes those around you better.
- Build winning team chemistry.
- Summon moral courage to elevate the game when it matters most.
Elevating Your Game also includes 9 exercises to bring the ideas in the book to life and answers to 7 common challenges athletes face, including balancing academic and athletic demands, dealing with uncommitted teammates, handling cliques and conflict on teams, and preparing to play in college.
This book will help individuals reach their potential. It will also help athletic programs produce Triple-Impact Competitors, which will be a boon to our entire society.